Szechuan Noodles with Mushrooms & Carrot
topped with a Fried Egg
Sometimes, a sauce just steals the show. Case in point? This version, which combines zingy, spicy, aromatic Szechuan paste with tangy-sweet soy glaze. Totally mouthwatering and packed with umami flavor, it pairs perfectly with a tangle of chewy ramen noodles, plus stir-fried mushrooms, carrots, and scallions. Each bowl is topped with a perfectly cooked fried egg and served with lime wedges for extra brightness.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and slice mushrooms into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Peel and grate carrot on the largest holes of a box grater. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince ginger. Quarter lime.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. • Add carrot, scallion whites, and ginger. Cook until tender and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat under pan to low.
• Once water is boiling, add ¾ of the ramen noodles (save the rest for another use) to pot. Cook, stirring, until tender, 1-2 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid, then drain. Toss noodles with a drizzle of oil to prevent sticking.
• To pan with veggies, stir in sweet soy glaze, Szechuan paste, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until combined. • Add noodles and ¼ cup reserved cooking liquid (1/3 cup for 4 servings); toss to coat. (TIP: If your pan isn’t large enough, carefully pour everything back into pot used for noodles.) Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Heat 1 TBSP oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Once hot, crack eggs* into pan and cover. Cook to preference. Uncover and season with salt. Remove from heat.
• Toss noodles with another splash of reserved cooking liquid if necessary and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. TIP: If needed, rewarm over medium heat. • Divide noodles between bowls; top each bowl with a fried egg. Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.