The only thing more fun than saying “bibimbap”? Eating it! Our riff on the classic Korean dish is positively bursting with flavorful veggies. Sweet carrot ribbons, tender zucchini, mighty mushrooms, and pickled scallions are arranged over a bed of steamy rice, just waiting to be mixed up and dug into. But not so fast! The bowl gets drizzled with an addicting sesame-sriracha-soy sauce, then topped with our favorite accompaniment: a perfect fried egg.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
White Wine Vinegar
Soy Sauce(ContainsWheat, Soy)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and mince or grate ginger. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Trim carrot; using a peeler, shave carrot lengthwise into ribbons, rotating as you go, until you get to the core. Discard core. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a small bowl, combine scallion whites, vinegar, and a pinch of salt; set aside to pickle. • In a separate small bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, 1 TBSP sugar (2 TBSP for 4 servings), and up to half the Sriracha (save the rest for serving).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add carrot and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until just tender, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. • Add zucchini and another drizzle of oil to pan. Cook, stirring, until tender, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl with carrot. • Add mushrooms and another drizzle of oil to pan. Cook, stirring, until tender, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to bowl with veggies. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium heat. Once hot, crack eggs* into pan and cover. (For 4 servings, you may want to cook eggs in batches.) Fry eggs to preference. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls. Arrange carrot, zucchini, and mushrooms on top. Top each bowl with a fried egg and pickled scallion whites (draining first). Drizzle with sauce and any remaining Sriracha to taste. Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve.