We’re big fans of pan sauces because they’re a simple way to add extra flavor to any dish. Here, fig jam, balsamic vinegar, onion, and fresh rosemary mingle with the fond—the crispy bits and drippings left by the chicken. The result is a condiment that you’ll want to drizzle all over your meat and potatoes before swiping up every bit of sweet and savory perfection.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces; toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, trim green beans, if necessary. Halve, peel, and mince half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings). Strip 1 tsp rosemary leaves from stems (2 tsp for 4); finely chop leaves. Zest and quarter lemon. • Toss green beans on a second baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on middle rack until browned and tender, 10-12 minutes.
• While green beans roast, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium- high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Transfer to a cutting board and set aside to rest.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pan used for chicken over medium heat. Add minced onion and chopped rosemary. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in vinegar and jam. Simmer until syrupy, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Cook until thick and glossy, 2-3 minutes. TIP: Add a splash of water if sauce is too thick. • Remove pan from heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
• Once green beans are done, carefully toss with lemon zest.
• Thinly slice chicken crosswise. • Divide chicken, potatoes, and green beans between plates. Drizzle chicken with sauce. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.