BBQ Beef & Cheddar Pot Pie
with Pillsbury™️ Original Crescent Rolls
We jump at every chance to dig into a pot pie. The only problem: Who has time to make a homemade crust? Enter: premade crescent dough, a rich, flaky, time-saving dinner hack we can’t get enough of. You’ll layer the dough over a saucy filling of BBQ ground beef, fresh garlic, and sautéed veggies sprinkled with cheddar cheese, then swipe with savory melted garlic butter. Bake until the filling is bubbly and the crust is perfectly golden-brown for a comforting dinner that’s easy as—what else?—pie!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and halve carrots lengthwise; cut into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Halve, peel, and finely dice onion. Peel and mince or grate garlic. • Lightly coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (9-by-13-inch baking dish for 4 servings) with nonstick cooking spray.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly browned and veggies are tender, 4-6 minutes. • Add beef*; season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until cooked through, 4-6 minutes. TIP: Use paper towels to carefully absorb and remove any excess grease.
• Stir BBQ sauce, ketchup, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings) into pan with beef and veggies. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes more. • Transfer beef filling to prepared baking dish; sprinkle evenly with cheddar.
• Unroll Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls on a floured work surface. • Pinch seams closed and use a rolling pin (flouring first) to roll out just big enough to cover the inside of your baking dish (for 4 servings, pinch two sheets together and roll out to form a larger rectangle).
• Place dough on top of filling in baking dish. • In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine garlic and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Microwave until melted, 30 to 60 seconds. • Brush garlic butter over dough. (TIP: Use a pastry brush if you have one.) Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. • Bake pot pie on top rack until crust is golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
• Let pot pie cool for 5 minutes before serving. • Serve family style directly from baking dish.
Ground Beef is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.