Beachside Black Bean & Mango-Salsa Bowls
plus Guacamole, Cilantro & Hot Sauce
This beachy-keen vegan bean bowl with a tropical spin breezes its way onto the table in just 15 minutes, thanks to a few hacks from our chefs and a quick twirl in the microwave. You’ll pile savory simmered black beans atop quick-cooking rice stirred with lime zest and cilantro. Next come all the tasty fixins: a mango-studded, lime-infused pico de gallo, dollops of creamy guacamole, chopped cilantro, and a drizzle of hot sauce. Hit it with one more squeeze of lime just before serving for a bright, fresh finish.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Pico de Gallo
Microwaveable Jasmine Rice
Not included in your delivery
• Drain beans. Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add half the beans, ¼ cup water (all the beans and 1⁄3 cup water for 4 servings), stock concentrate, Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to serve.
• While beans simmer, wash and dry produce.
• Roughly chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime.
• Drain mango and place in a small bowl; add pico de gallo, a pinch of cilantro, and juice from one lime wedge (two lime wedges for 4 servings).
• Massage rice in package to break up grains. Tear off top 2 inches of pouch to vent. Microwave until warmed through, 90 seconds. (Microwave times may vary. Be careful when handling and opening the microwaved pouch.)
• Place rice in a large bowl and add lime zest, half the remaining cilantro, juice from one lime wedge (two lime wedges for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. TIP: For richer-tasting rice, stir in 1-2 TBSP butter.
• Divide cilantro-lime rice between shallow bowls and top with beans and mango salsa. Dollop with guacamole and sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Drizzle bowls with as much hot sauce as you like and serve with remaining lime wedges.