Cheddar & Apple Grilled Cheese Sandos
with Cranberry-Dijon Jam
Sure, a classic white bread and American grilled cheese hits the spot every now and then, but try one bite of this 15-minute sweet and savory lunch idea, and you may never quite be satisfied with the old standby again. Sourdough slices are swiped with sweet and tangy cranberry-Dijon jam, then layered with cheddar and mild Monterey Jack cheeses and crisp apple slices. They’re griddled in butter until perfectly golden brown and melty. Flip onto your plate, and boom—lunch, elevated!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Monterey Jack Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Halve, core, and thinly slice half the apple (all for 4 servings).
• In a small bowl, stir together Dijon and jam.
• Lay bread out on a clean work surface. Spread half the bread slices with cranberry-Dijon jam. Layer with cheddar and as many apple slices as you like. Top with Monterey Jack and remaining bread slices.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium heat. Add sandwiches. Cook until bread is golden brown and cheese melts, 3-4 minutes per side. TIP: You may need to work in batches, adding another drizzle of oil for each batch.
• Cut grilled cheese sandos in half on a diagonal and divide between plates. Serve with any remaining apple slices.