Cheesy Egg & Guacamole Breakfast Sandwiches
with Spicy Mayo & Tortilla Chips
Your family will love these diner-style breakfast (or anytime) sandos you can throw together in just 15 minutes with no pots or pans to wash. You’ll cook the eggs in the microwave using our expert-tested technique, then melt a Mexican-style blend of cheeses on top. Toast soft brioche buns til crisp, slather with guacamole and spicy mayo, then fill with cheesy eggs, juicy tomato slices, and a few tortilla chips for crunchy contrast. Serve with the rest of the chips on the side—they’re perfect for scooping up any rogue filling!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mexican Cheese Blend
(Contains Milk, Eggs, Soy, Wheat)
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
• Wash and dry produce.
• Trim and thinly slice half the scallions (all for 4 servings). Slice tomato into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
• Crack each egg* into a separate small microwave-safe bowl. Divide sliced scallions between bowls; gently pierce yolks with a fork, then stir once (yolks will be broken, but not fully blended). Cover bowls with plastic wrap and microwave until eggs are cooked through, 1-2 minutes. Immediately uncover bowls and top eggs with Mexican cheese blend; set aside until ready to serve. (TIP: We were able to fit two bowls in the microwave at the same time. Check eggs after 1 minute; if needed, continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until done.) (For 4 servings, work in batches; transfer cooked eggs to a plate and reuse bowls.)
• While eggs cook, halve and toast buns.
• In a third small bowl, combine mayonnaise with as much hot sauce as you like.
• Spread top buns with guacamole. Spread bottom buns with spicy mayo. Fill buns with cheesy eggs, tomato, and a few tortilla chips.
• Divide sandwiches between plates and serve with remaining tortilla chips on the side.
Wash hands and surfaces after handling raw eggs. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.