Chicken in a Garlic Dijon Pan Sauce
with Arugula Salad & Garlic Bread
Chicken is a dinner staple, and sometimes all you need is a fresh, new sauce to dress it up. Enter: This chicken with garlic Dijon pan sauce. Sautéed shallots and garlic add aromatic flavor and texture to a tangy Dijon and rich demi-glace. Pour that all over seared chicken, serve it with a fresh arugula and tomato salad and garlic bread on the side and you have a full, hearty, and delicious meal. Take our word for it: Dip your garlic bread in the pan sauce… you won’t regret it.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Red Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and halve shallot; mince half the shallot and thinly slice remaining. Peel and mince garlic. Halve baguette lengthwise. Cut tomato into a medium dice. • In a small bowl, whisk together half the mustard (you’ll use the rest later), half the vinegar, 1 TBSP olive oil, ¼ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. (For 4 servings, use all the vinegar, 2 TBSP olive oil, and ½ tsp sugar.) Stir in as much minced shallot as you like.
• Place half the garlic and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a second small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until melted and fragrant, 30 seconds. • Brush garlic butter onto cut sides of baguette; season with salt and pepper. Place cut sides up on a baking sheet. • Toast on top rack until lightly golden, 3-5 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season generously with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest. Tent with foil to keep warm.
• Return same pan to medium heat. Add sliced shallot and cook until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. (TIP: If needed, add a drizzle of olive oil.) Add remaining garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Add demi-glace, remaining mustard, ¼ cup water, and a big pinch of pepper. Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Remove pan from heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• In a large bowl, toss arugula and tomato with vinaigrette to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Slice chicken crosswise. Halve garlic bread on a diagonal. • Divide chicken, arugula salad, and garlic bread between plates. Spoon pan sauce over chicken and serve.