Chicken Sausage & Pepper Upside Down Pizza
with Pillsbury™️ Original Crescent Rolls & Garlic Butter
This super-simple weeknight dinner idea is about to turn your world upside-down—literally! It’s crust-on-top pizza! Here’s how you make it: sauté hearty, savory chicken sausage and bell peppers, stir in marinara sauce, add mozzarella and Parmesan, then top with premade crescent roll dough (mmm…flaky goodness!). Bake it all to bubbly, golden perfection, then brush with savory garlic butter, and in just 25 minutes, you’ll be serving it up like a kitchen hero!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, core, and dice bell pepper into ½-inch pieces.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and bell pepper; cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Remove pan from heat; stir in marinara and mozzarella until well combined. • Transfer sausage mixture to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (9-by-13-inch baking dish for 4 servings).
• While sausage mixture cooks, place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until softened, 30-40 seconds. • Stir in garlic powder until well combined.
• Unroll Pillsbury™️ Original Crescent Rolls on a clean work surface. • Pinch seams together and gently stretch dough to the size of baking dish (for 4 servings, stretch each dough sheet to half the size of baking dish). TIP: Don’t worry if it doesn’t look perfect! The dough will expand while baking.
• Top sausage mixture with dough (for 4 servings, arrange both squares of dough side by side to cover sausage mixture). • Bake on middle rack until crust is golden brown, 10-12 minutes. • Remove from oven and brush crust with garlic butter. Let cool for at least 5 minutes.
• Slice upside down pizza into four pieces (eight pieces for 4 servings). Divide between plates and serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.