Chicken Thyme with Green Bean Couscous
plus Tomato Cream Sauce & Lemon
This dish will quickly become one of your go-to faves, while also walking you through the basics of a game-changing pan sauce (it’s all about the sauce!). Pan-seared chicken seasoned with thyme is served on a springy bed of lemon couscous loaded with garlicky sautéed green beans and scallions. Top with a buttery tomato-cream pan sauce and a squeeze of fresh lemon for bright, juicy contrast. What time is it? Dinner thyme!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim green beans if necessary; cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Peel and finely chop garlic. Finely dice tomato. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green beans and half the garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and slightly blistered, 5-6 minutes. TIP: If green beans haven’t softened, stir in 1-2 TBSP water and cook a bit more. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• While green beans cook, melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add couscous and remaining garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4) and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until couscous is tender, 6-8 minutes. • Drain any excess water if necessary. Keep covered off heat until ready to use in Step 6.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with thyme, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for green beans over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. • Remove pan from heat. Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest; tent with foil to keep warm. Let pan cool for 1-2 minutes.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in same pan over medium heat. Add tomato and scallion whites; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrates and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes. • Remove pan from heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • To pot with couscous, stir in green beans, scallion greens, and lemon zest. Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. • Divide green bean couscous between plates. Top with chicken; drizzle with tomato cream sauce. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.