A flavorful homemade curry for dinner can be just as easy as a grilled cheese or quick stir-fry, and this recipe is perfect proof. Chicken breast strips are seared until browned, then coated in tomato paste, chili flakes, and aromatic spices. It’s all simmered in creamy, nutty, mildly sweet coconut milk, then finished with bite-sized pieces of sautéed kale. Spoon it all over steamy basmati rice for soaking up every last drop of curry.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Breast Strips
Coconut Milk(ContainsTree Nuts)
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1½ cups water.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry produce. • Remove and discard any large stems from kale. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add kale and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. • TIP: Add a splash of water to help soften kale, if necessary.
• While kale cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Once kale is done, heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
• Add tomato paste, curry powder, and paprika to pan with chicken. Add a pinch of chili flakes if you like things spicy. • Cook, stirring, until chicken is fully coated and spices are fragrant, 1 minute.
• Stir in coconut milk, ¼ cup water, 2 tsp sugar, 1 TBSP butter, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes more. • Add kale and sour cream; stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1/3 cup water, 4 tsp sugar, and 2 TBSP butter.
• Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper; divide between bowls. • Top rice with coconut curry chicken and sprinkle with a pinch of chili flakes if desired. Serve.