Curried Chickpea Burgers
with Tomato, Tangy Mayo & Roasted Potato Wedges
We LOVE a burger, and we know you do too! Luckily our chefs know how to keep the romance alive. These swoony chickpea burgers are packed with fragrant curry powder, scallions, and dill. They’re pan-fried until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, then tucked onto buttery toasted buns, slathered with tangy apricot-Dijon mayo and juicy tomato slices. This charmer comes with roasted potato wedges on the side because we heart you.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
White Wine Vinegar
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
(Contains Milk, Eggs, Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to room temperature. Wash and dry produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Peel and mince garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Pick and mince fronds from dill. Thinly slice tomato and season with salt and pepper.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, jam, half the turmeric (all for 4 servings), and 2 tsp vinegar (4 tsp for 4) until combined. (Be sure to measure the vinegar—we sent more.) Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place half the chickpeas (all for 4 servings) in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher or fork until almost smooth. TIP: It’s OK if there are some larger pieces. • Stir in garlic, scallion whites, half the scallion greens, half the dill, half the curry powder, 3 TBSP tempura batter mix (be sure to measure; we sent more), and 2 TBSP water until thoroughly combined. (For 4, use all the curry powder, 6 TBSP tempura batter mix, and 4 TBSP water.) Taste and season with salt (we used ¼ tsp; ½ tsp for 4) and pepper. • Divide chickpea mixture into two mounds (four mounds for 4).
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Using a silicone spatula, add chickpea mounds to pan and gently press to flatten into patties (rub a little oil on the bottom of the spatula to prevent sticking), each about as wide as a burger bun. • Cook patties until golden brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side. (TIP: Add more oil when flipping the patties if needed.) Transfer to a plate.
• Meanwhile, halve and toast buns until golden; spread softened butter onto cut sides of bottom buns. • Spread top buns with as much tangy mayo as you like. Fill buns with chickpea patties and tomato. • Divide chickpea burgers and potato wedges between plates. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining scallion greens and remaining dill. Serve with remaining tangy mayo on the side for dipping.