Edamame & Cauliflower Fritters
with Roasted Broccoli Slaw & Sweet Chili Mayo
Confessional rhyme time: The very thought of fritter batter makes our hearts go pitter-patter. Especially for these saucer-sized fritters that are practically bursting with veggies. Our clever chefs mixed mashed edamame, cauliflower rice, and scallions into the tempura batter, and seasoned it with garlic and ginger. The result: Flavor-packed fritters that are crisp on the outside, tender inside, and absolutely irresistible drizzled with sweet chili mayo. Because we always crave more crunch, there’s a refreshing side slaw with roasted broccoli, tossed in a sesame—sweet chili dressing. Be still, our hearts!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Shredded Red Cabbage
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce (except cauliflower rice). • Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Peel and mince or grate garlic and half the ginger (all for 4 servings). Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites.
• Toss broccoli on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place edamame, garlic, and ginger in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave for 1 minute. • Mash half the edamame lightly with a fork. Add cauliflower rice and scallion whites; stir to combine. • Stir in tempura mix, 1⁄3 cup cold water (2⁄3 cup for 4 servings), ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4), and pepper. TIP: Batter should be very thick but not dry; add a splash of water if necessary.
• Heat a 1⁄3-inch layer of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering and hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to the pan, carefully add 1½ TBSP scoops of batter to pan; press down lightly with a spoon. (TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in batches.) Cook until golden brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side. TIP: If necessary, heat more oil in pan between batches. • Transfer fritters to a paper-towel-lined plate. Season with salt.
• In a large bowl, toss together roasted broccoli, cabbage, sesame dressing, and half the chili sauce. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. • In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and remaining chili sauce. Add water 1 tsp at a time, until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Divide slaw and fritters between plates. Drizzle chili mayo over fritters. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.