Family Chicken Sausage Pizza Fun-Due
2x the delicious servings!
This crowd-pleasing pizza-style fondue is a fun, delicious way to gather family and friends around the table! You’ll combine crispy browned chicken sausage and tangy marinara with Italian cheeses in a creamy base, top with a shower of mozzarella, and pop it all in the oven until bubbly for a show-stopping presentation. Serve family style with veggies and toasty bread for dunking—don’t mind if we fon-due!
This recipe is double the typical servings, providing 4 servings and 8 servings for a 2 person and 4 person box respectively.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Cream Sauce Base
Cheese Roux Concentrate
Italian Cheese Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 6-8 minutes. • Stir in marinara; cook, stirring, until sauce is hot and sausage is coated, 1-2 minutes. TIP: If sauce seems too thick, add a splash of water. • Remove from heat, cover, and set aside until ready to use in Step 5.
• While sausage cooks, wash and dry produce. • Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Halve, core, and slice bell peppers into 1-inch strips.
• Halve flatbreads lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise into 1-inch strips. • Toss on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil and pepper; toast on top rack until browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool completely.
• While flatbreads bake, heat cream sauce base and cheese roux concentrate in a small pot (use a medium pot for 8 servings) over medium-high heat until steaming and slightly bubbling, 1-2 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium. Add Italian cheese blend and half the mozzarella one small handful at a time, alternating and whisking constantly between additions until fully melted.
• Transfer fondue to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (use a 9-by-13-inch baking dish for 8 servings); top with sausage sauce and remaining mozzarella. • Once you’ve removed flatbreads from oven, turn on broiler. • Broil pizza fun-due, uncovered, until cheese on top is melted and browned, 2-3 minutes (watch carefully to avoid burning!).
• Arrange broccoli, bell peppers, and flatbreads on a large board or platter. Serve with pizza fun-due for dipping and chili flakes on the side.
Chicken Sausage is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.