Homestyle Chicken & Biscuit Pot Pie
with Carrots, Celery & Fresh Thyme
We get very few opportunities to have pie for dinner, which is why we jump at every chance to dig into a chicken pot pie. The only problem: Who has time to make a homemade crust on a weeknight? Enter: biscuit crust, a rich, flaky, time-saving dinner hack. We layer the dough over a creamy filling of chicken breast strips, fresh thyme, and sautéed garlic and veggies, then swipe with melted butter and sprinkle with more thyme. It’s baked until the filling is steamy and the crust is perfectly golden-brown for a comforting dinner that’s easy as—what else?—pie!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Breast Strips
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Pillsbury™ Buttermilk Southern Homestyle Biscuits
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and finely dice carrots. Finely dice celery. Halve, peel, and dice half the onion. Peel and mince garlic. Strip half the thyme leaves from stems; mince leaves. • 4 SERVINGS: Dice whole onion. Mince all the thyme leaves.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium, preferably ovenproof, pan over medium heat. Add chicken in a single layer; season with a big pinch of both salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 3-5 minutes (it’ll finish cooking in step 5). • Transfer to a plate. • 4 SERVINGS: Use a large, preferably ovenproof, pan.
• Reserve ½ tsp minced thyme (you’ll use it in step 5). • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, and diced onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until veggies are softened, 5-7 minutes. • Add garlic and remaining minced thyme; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • 4 SERVINGS: Reserve 1 tsp minced thyme. • TIP: Lower heat if veggies begin to brown too quickly.
• Add 2 TBSP butter to pan with veggies. Once melted, stir in flour; cook for 1 minute. • Pour in 1¼ cups water, stock concentrate, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in cream cheese until melted, then stir in chicken. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 4 TBSP butter and 1¾ cups water. • TIP: If filling is too thick, stir in another splash of water. If your pan isn’t ovenproof, transfer filling to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (13-by-9-inch baking dish for 4 servings) after stirring in chicken.
• Place 1 TBSP butter in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until melted, 30 seconds. • Remove biscuits from package; peel apart each biscuit at the center to create two thinner ones. • Evenly top filling with biscuits, then brush with melted butter and sprinkle with reserved minced thyme. • Bake on top rack until biscuits are golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
• Let pot pie cool at least 5 minutes before serving. Spoon into shallow bowls or plates and serve.