Grain bowl–lovers, rejoice! This week, we’re serving up donburi, a Japanese rice bowl dish that can be endlessly customized with different proteins, veggies, and sauces. For this version, steamy scallion rice is layered with broccoli that’s tossed in a sweet and savory honey miso dressing, plus fried eggs and tender sweet potatoes. It’s all finished with a drizzle of sriracha mayo and a sprinkle of scallion greens. Prepare to be totally be bowled over!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Miso Sauce Concentrate(ContainsSoy)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and halve sweet potato lengthwise; cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick halfmoons. (TIP: For speedier spud prep, skip the peeling!) Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Quarter lime.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook until slightly softened, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, toss sweet potato on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Toss broccoli on empty side with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until veggies are browned and tender, 15-20 minutes. TIP: If broccoli finishes before sweet potato, remove from sheet and continue roasting sweet potato.
• Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine stock concentrate, honey, and a big squeeze of lime juice to taste. • In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with sriracha to taste. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• When veggies are almost done, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, crack eggs* into pan. Fry to preference. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. • Add broccoli to bowl with honey miso dressing; toss until coated. • Divide rice between bowls; top with broccoli and drizzle with remaining dressing in bowl. Add sweet potato and fried eggs. Drizzle with sriracha mayo and sprinkle with scallion greens. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.