This recipe is like a hug in a bowl. Our chefs have thrown open their arms and embraced perfection with this creamy combo of savory chicken sausage, al dente Israeli couscous, and tender zucchini all in a rich, herby cream sauce that’s perked up with lemon and dill. You likely won’t have leftovers, but if you do, they’ll taste even better the next day. Yay, more hugs!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Cream Sauce Base(ContainsMilk)
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick halfmoons. Peel, halve, and finely dice onion. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Pick fronds from dill and finely chop half; reserve remaining for serving. Zest and quarter lemon.
• In a small pot, bring couscous and ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings) to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low; cook until al dente, 6-8 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to use in Step 5.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer to a plate and set aside.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and sausage*. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces and stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and sausage is cooked through, 6-8 minutes. • Stir in cream sauce, stock concentrates, cream cheese, chopped dill, juice from half the lemon, and ½ cup water (1 cup for 4 servings). Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes more.
• Add couscous and zucchini to pan with sausage mixture. Cook, stirring, until combined, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted and combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Divide couscous between plates or bowls. Sprinkle with lemon zest and remaining dill. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Chicken Sausage is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.