Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast
topped with Sugar-Candied Peanuts | 4 servings
Treat Mom to a restaurant-worthy brunch that she can enjoy with her morning coffee (or mimosa!). This decadent take on classic French toast features sliced demi-baguettes that turn golden and custardy in the oven. Each serving is finished with warm peanut butter maple syrup, a drizzle of silky melted chocolate, and homemade candied peanuts. Go the extra mile and sprinkle on some SkinnyDipped Semi-Sweet Baking Bits as you bring Mom her plate—afterall, she deserves to be showered in love... and chocolate!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
SkinnyDipped Semi-Sweet Baking Bits
(Contains Milk, Soy)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet. • Trim and discard ends from baguettes; slice on a diagonal into three oval-shaped slices each. • In a medium bowl, whisk eggs*, milk, cinnamon, 2 TBSP sugar, and a pinch of salt until well combined. (It’s OK if there are a few clumps of cinnamon.) • Transfer egg mixture and baguette slices to a large, zip-close bag; seal and toss to combine. Set aside, tossing occasionally, until bread is evenly soaked.
• While bread soaks, heat a small, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add peanuts, 1 TBSP sugar, 2 TBSP water, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until water has evaporated and peanuts are coated, 2-4 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate to cool.
• Heat a drizzle of oil and 1 TBSP butter in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium heat. Once butter begins to foam, add soaked bread to pan. (TIP: Let any excess egg mixture drip off first.) Cook, lightly pressing down with a spatula, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes per side. TIP: Work in batches if necessary, wiping out pan and adding more oil and butter between batches. • Transfer French toast to prepared baking sheet. Bake on top rack until custardy, 6-8 minutes.
• While French toast bakes, place peanut butter, maple syrup, and 1 TBSP butter in a small, microwave- safe bowl. Microwave until butter has melted, 20 seconds. (TIP: If not yet melted, microwave 10-20 seconds more.) Add a pinch of salt and stir until smooth; set aside.
• Place half the SkinnyDipped Semi- Sweet Baking Bits (save the rest for serving) in a second small, microwave- safe bowl. Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. TIP: To prevent chocolate from burning, don’t skip the intervals! It took us about 2 minutes total.
• Break candied peanuts into small pieces (or roughly chop with a knife). • Divide French toast between plates. Drizzle with peanut butter sauce and melted chocolate. Top with candied peanuts and as much remaining chocolate bits as you like. Serve. (If you have any berries on hand, serve them on the side for a fresh finish!)