Meatloaves with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
plus Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This delicious dish is the definition of umami. Not sure if you’ve ever experienced the “fifth taste?” After one bite, you’ll totally understand the obsession. Mini meatloaves are baked to perfection, then draped in a supremely savory mushroom sauce. The luxurious loaves are served alongside crispy roasted Brussels sprouts and garlicky mashed potatoes—aka more things to catch any runaway ’shroom sauce. Plus, the whole shebang cooks up in a flash (just 35 minutes!). What are you waiting for?
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Beef Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise. • Place potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid; drain and return potatoes to pot.
• While potatoes cook, in a large bowl, combine beef*, panko, scallion whites, half the garlic powder (you’ll use the rest later), and 1 TBSP water (2 TBSP for 4 servings); season generously with salt and pepper. • Form mixture into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4).
• Place meatloaves on one side of a lightly oiled baking sheet. (TIP: Line sheet with foil first for easier cleanup.) Toss Brussels sprouts on empty side with a drizzle of oil; season generously with salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until meatloaves are cooked through and Brussels sprouts are browned and tender, 15-20 minutes. (For 4 servings, use 2 baking sheets; roast meatloaves on middle rack and Brussels sprouts on top rack.) TIP: If sprouts finish first, remove from sheet and continue roasting meatloaves.
• While everything roasts, trim and thinly slice mushrooms. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2-4 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup water for 4 servings). Bring to a boil; reduce to a low simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat. Stir in half the sour cream (you’ll use the rest in the next step) and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat pot with drained potatoes over low heat; add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), remaining sour cream, and remaining garlic powder. • Mash until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
• If necessary, reheat pan with sauce over low heat; stir until warmed through. • Divide meatloaves, mashed potatoes, and Brussels sprouts between plates. Spoon sauce over meatloaves. Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve.