Mexican Chicken & Rice Bowls
with Salsa Fresca & Lime Sour Cream
The beauty of a bowl-style dinner is the DIY element. This meal begins with aromatic yellow rice and Southwest-spiced chicken, all jazzed up with homemade salsa and a limey crema. When ready to build your bowl, feel free to go crazy with assembly. Crema on bottom! Rice on top of chicken! Hot sauce on everything!!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Long Green Pepper
Southwest Spice Blend
Chicken Breast Strips
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, combine stock concentrate, half the Southwest Spice, ¼ tsp turmeric (½ tsp for 4 servings), and ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4). (Be sure to measure the turmeric—we sent more.) Bring to a boil, then stir in rice and a pinch of salt. Cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry produce. • Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips. Dice tomato. Trim and thinly slice scallions. Zest and quarter lime.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper; cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with remaining Southwest Spice. • Once green pepper is slightly softened, add chicken and a large drizzle of oil to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and green pepper is caramelized, 4-6 minutes. • Add Tex-Mex paste and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings); cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Turn off heat.
• While chicken cooks, in a small bowl, combine tomato, scallions, a squeeze of lime juice, salt, and pepper. • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream, lime zest, a squeeze of lime juice, salt, and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted. Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls and top with chicken mixture, salsa, and lime sour cream. Drizzle with hot sauce to taste. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.