In a nod to the McCormick® Flavor Forecast® 21st Edition theme, Plants Pushing Boundaries, this classic sandwich gets a veggie-centric twist. And we've gotta say—we don't miss the beef at all. Meaty mushrooms are sautéed with bold and savory steak spices 'til they're crispy and caramelized. They're then stuffed into toasted baguettes, along with a creamy Dijon mayo, a tangle of peppers and onions, and a blanket of gooey mozzarella.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Long Green Pepper
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Demi Baguette(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Bold & Savory Steak Spice
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper. Trim and slice mushrooms into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, half the Fry Seasoning (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, green pepper, and remaining Fry Seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• While veggies cook, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with mustard; season with salt and pepper. • Slice baguettes lengthwise, stopping before you get all the way through. Place cut sides up on a second baking sheet. • Toast on middle rack until lightly golden, 3-5 minutes.
• Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crispy, 5-7 minutes. • Season with half the Bold & Savory Steak Spice (all for 4 servings) and salt; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in stock concentrate and a splash of water. Cook until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are saucy, 1-2 minutes. • Return veggies to pan.
• Keeping baguettes on sheet, spread insides of baguettes with half the Dijon mayo; fill with as many mushrooms and veggies as will fit, then sprinkle with mozzarella. (TIP: For an extra-saucy situation, use all the Dijon mayo on the hoagies.) Return sheet to oven until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes. • Divide hoagies and potato wedges between plates. Serve with remaining Dijon mayo on the side.