Old Bay Shrimp & Sausage Boil
with Potatoes, Corn on the Cob & Garlic Parsley Toasts
Perfect for summer entertaining, this classic, crowd-pleasing feast is loaded with the best flavors of the season. Savory Italian sausage and caramelized shallot meet tender potatoes and sweet corn in a flavor-packed, garlicky Old Bay broth. Add tender shrimp to the mix, then toss all the goodies with Old Bay butter for an extra kick. With garlic parsley toasts for dipping, who wouldn’t want to dig in?
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
OLD BAY® Seasoning
Corn on the Cob
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Italian Pork Sausage
Seafood Stock Concentrate
(Contains Fish, Shellfish)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Reserve 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (4 tsp for 4 servings) in a large microwave- safe bowl for step 5 (you’ll use the remaining in the next step). Peel and smash garlic; mince one clove (two cloves for 4). Halve, peel, and slice shallot into 1⁄2-inch-thick wedges. Dice potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Cut corn crosswise into 2-inch-thick rounds. Quarter lemon. • Rinse shrimp* under cold water; pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and cook until lightly browned all over, 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board (it’ll finish cooking in the next step). • Add smashed garlic and shallot wedges to pot; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in potatoes, corn, and remaining Old Bay Seasoning, then add 4 1⁄2 cups water (9 cups for 4 servings), stock concentrates, half the lemon wedges, and 1 1⁄2 tsp sugar (3 tsp for 4). Cover pot and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are just tender, 8-10 minutes.
• Meanwhile, slice sausage crosswise into 1⁄2-inch-thick rounds. • Once potatoes are done, stir in shrimp and sliced sausage. Cook, stirring and making sure everything stays submerged, until sausage and shrimp are cooked through, 3-4 minutes. (TIP: Add splashes of water as needed to keep everything covered.) Turn off heat.
• While shrimp and sausage cook, finely chop parsley. Halve baguette lengthwise. • Place 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) and a pinch of minced garlic to taste in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until butter is softened, 15-20 seconds. Stir in half the parsley and season with salt and pepper. • Toast baguette until golden, then spread cut sides with garlic parsley butter. Halve toasts crosswise on a diagonal.
• To bowl with reserved Old Bay Seasoning, add 2 TBSP plain butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Microwave until melted, 30 seconds; stir to combine. • Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer shrimp and sausage mixture (leaving broth in pot—save it for serving) to bowl with Old Bay butter. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Divide shrimp and sausage mixture between shallow bowls. Ladle 1∕3 cup broth over each bowl. (TIP: Serve with more broth if you like, or save remaining for another use.) Drizzle with hot sauce to taste and sprinkle with remaining parsley. Top with a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with garlic parsley toasts for dipping and any remaining lemon wedges on the side.