OLD BAY® Shrimp & Sausage Boil
with Red Potatoes, Corn & Garlic Parsley Toasts
The classic shrimp boil has three things: shrimp (obviously), sausage, and corn. Well, we’ve got all that for you and then some in tonight’s one-pot meal. The main ingredients get sprinkled with Old Bay seasoning, then we add garlic, shallot, lemon wedges, and potatoes. To stay true to its name, everything gets boiled before serving. Garlic parsley toasts on the side are primed for soaking up any extra broth, scooping up the shrimp, or just adding a nice crunch to this comforting meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
OLD BAY® Seasoning
Corn on the Cob
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Italian Pork Sausage
Seafood Stock Concentrate
(Contains Fish, Shellfish)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Reserve 2 tsp OLD BAY® Seasoning (4 tsp for 4 servings) in a large microwave-safe bowl for step 5 (you’ll use the remaining in the next step). Peel and smash garlic; mince 1 clove (2 cloves for 4). Halve, peel, and slice shallot into ½-inch-thick wedges. Dice potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Cut corn crosswise into 2-inch-thick rounds. Quarter lemon. • Rinse shrimp* under cold water; pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, tall-sided pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and cook until lightly browned all over, 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board (it’ll cook through in the next step). • Add smashed garlic cloves and shallot wedges to pot; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in potatoes, corn, and remaining OLD BAY® Seasoning, then add 4½ cups water (9 cups for 4 servings), stock concentrates, half the lemon wedges, and 1½ tsp sugar (3 tsp for 4). Cover pot and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are just tender, 8-10 minutes.
• Meanwhile, slice sausage crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds. • Once potatoes are just tender, uncover pot with veggies; stir in shrimp and sliced sausage. Cook, stirring and making sure everything stays submerged, until sausage and shrimp are cooked through, 3-4 minutes. TIP: Add splash of water if needed to keep everything covered. • Turn off heat.
• While shrimp and sausage cook, finely chop parsley. Halve baguette lengthwise. • Place 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) and a pinch of minced garlic to taste in a small microwavesafe bowl. Microwave until butter is softened, 30 seconds. Stir in half the parsley and season with salt and pepper. • Toast baguette until golden, then spread cut sides with garlic parsley butter. Halve toasts crosswise on a diagonal.
• To bowl with reserved OLD BAY® Seasoning, add 2 TBSP plain butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Microwave until melted, 30 seconds; stir to combine. • Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer shrimp and sausage boil (leaving broth in pot—save it for serving) to bowl with Old Bay butter. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Divide shrimp and sausage boil between shallow bowls. Pour 1⁄3 cup broth over each bowl. (TIP: Serve with more broth if you like, or save remaining for another use.) Drizzle with hot sauce to taste and sprinkle with remaining parsley. Top with a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Serve with garlic parsley toasts for dipping, plus any remaining lemon wedges on the side.