Pork Breakfast Sausage & Waffle Platter
with Fried Eggs, Apple Compote & Almonds
We hope you and yours are hungry, because this breakfast platter has it all! Here’s the lineup: Eggs fried to your liking and sprinkled with zippy scallion greens; sweet and savory maple pork breakfast sausages roasted to a snappy golden brown; toasty waffles piled high with buttery homemade apple compote, and a sprinkle of almonds for crunchy contrast. And did we mention, this breakfast (or brunch) bonanza is on the table in just 25 minutes?
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Granny Smith Apple
Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel, core, and dice apple into ½-inch pieces. Quarter lemon. Trim and thinly slice scallions.
• Place sausage* on one side of a lightly oiled baking sheet (for 4 servings, arrange across entire sheet). • Roast on top rack until browned and cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine apple with ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apple is softened, 6-8 minutes. • Add brown sugar, 1 TBSP butter, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt (2 TBSP butter, a big squeeze of lemon juice, and a big pinch of salt for 4). Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring, until compote is thickened and apple is glazed, 30-60 seconds more. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
• Once sausage is almost done roasting, carefully add waffles to opposite side of sheet; return to top rack until waffles are toasted, 2-3 minutes. (For 4 servings, leave sausage roasting; toast waffles on a second baking sheet on middle rack.)
• While waffles toast, heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Crack eggs* into pan and cover. (For 4 servings, you may want to cook eggs in batches.) • Fry eggs to preference. Season with salt and pepper.
• Reheat apple compote over medium-high heat if necessary. TIP: If compote appears oily, add 1 TBSP water and bring to a boil while stirring to smooth it out. • Divide sausage, eggs, and waffles between plates. Top waffles with apple compote and almonds. Sprinkle scallions over eggs and serve
Breakfast Sausage is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.
Wash hands and surfaces after handling raw eggs. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.