Pulled Pork Fiesta Bowls
with Tomato Salsa, Bell Pepper & Monterey Jack Cheese
We like to call these “fiesta bowls” because they know just how to stir things up at dinnertime. They’ve got all the best ingredients for making your taste buds boogie: tender precooked pulled pork, warm spices, and a tangy tomato salsa. Plus, garnishes like Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, and herbaceous cilantro are guaranteed to keep the vibes lively. But the real story of the night might be that this dish can be on the table in as little as 20 minutes.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Green Bell Pepper
Fajita Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Monterey Jack Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, combine ¾ cup water and 1 TBSP butter. (For 4 servings, combine 1½ cups water and 2 TBSP butter.) Bring to a boil, then stir in rice. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings); mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (3 TBSP for 4). Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips. Dice tomato. Finely chop cilantro. Quarter lime.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until just softened, 4-5 minutes.
• Tear pulled pork* into smaller pieces. Add to pan with veggies along with another large drizzle of oil. Season with Fajita Spice, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until pork is warmed through, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and ½ cup water (1 cup for 4 servings). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Simmer until saucy, 1-2 minutes.
• While pork simmers, in a small bowl, combine tomato, minced onion, half the cilantro, juice from half the lime, salt, and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork; season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls. Top with pork mixture, salsa, Monterey Jack, and sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.