Shawarma-Rama Green Pea & Feta Patties
with Yellow Rice, Roasted Veggies & Garlic Lemon Sauce
It’s hard NOT to love a deliciously-crisp, superb patty. Here, our chefs mixed mashed green peas, briny feta, and onion in tempura batter seasoned with Shawarma Spices. The result—flavor-packed patties that fry up crispy outside, tender inside and are irresistible with a drizzle of a creamy garlic-lemon sauce. Serve with fluffy, fragrant turmeric rice and roasted zucchini, red onion, and tomatoes, and fall in love all over again.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Shawarma Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges; mince one wedge until you have 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4 servings). Cut tomato into ½-inch-thick wedges. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium heat. Add ¼ tsp turmeric (½ tsp for 4); stir to combine. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), a big pinch of salt, and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Toss zucchini, onion wedges, and tomato on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, ¾ tsp garlic powder (1¼ tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use the rest of the garlic powder later.) • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until lightly browned and tender, 18-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, add peas and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings) to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; microwave until softened, 30-45 seconds. Mash peas with a potato masher or fork until almost smooth. • Add feta, minced onion, tempura mix, Shawarma Spice Blend, oregano, 1⁄3 cup water (2⁄3 cup for 4), and ¼ tsp salt (½ tsp for 4); whisk until combined. TIP: If mixture is too thick, add more water 1 TBSP at a time until it reaches a pancake-batter-like consistency.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Carefully add ½-cup scoops of batter to pan. (You may need to work in batches.) Cook patties until golden brown on the first side, 3-4 minutes; flip and cook 1-2 minutes more. • Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and season with a pinch of salt.
• In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, remaining garlic powder, and juice from one lemon wedge (two wedges for 4 servings). Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Divide rice, roasted veggies, and patties between plates. Drizzle patties with garlic lemon sauce and serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.