Silky Sicilian Penne
tossed with Mushrooms, Zucchini & Tomatoes
If you’re mad for mushrooms, a fan of fungi, or crazy for creminis, this pasta will treat you right: It’s loaded with ’shroom slices! They’re the flavor backbone of this recipe along with rich mushroom stock, bringing all those deep, earthy flavors that you know and love. We’ve added al dente penne, zucchini and tomatoes, a lemony, chive-flecked crème fraîche sauce, and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Get ready for this umami-packed dish to hit your dinner table.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Halve tomatoes. Mince chives. Quarter lemon.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and softened, 4-6 minutes. • Transfer to a medium bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pan used for zucchini over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. • Turn off heat; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl with zucchini. Wash out pan.
• Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• While penne cooks, heat ½ TBSP butter (1 TBSP for 4 servings) and a drizzle of olive oil in pan used for mushrooms over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and season with 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4), salt, and pepper. (Use the rest of the Italian Seasoning as you like.) Cook, stirring, until tomatoes are softened, 2-4 minutes. • Stir in half the chives and juice from half the lemon. Reduce heat to low, then stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (1⁄3 cup for 4). • Whisk in crème fraîche; season with salt and pepper.
• Add zucchini, mushrooms, and drained penne to pan with sauce; stir to combine. Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted. TIP: If necessary, add more pasta cooking water a splash at a time until penne is coated in a creamy sauce. • Divide pasta between bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining chives. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.