Spiced Maple Ricotta & Cherry Toasts
with Cashews & Apple Slices
Toast: It’s the best thing since sliced bread. Though obviously delicious all on its own, it gets even better in the hands of our talented chefs. Sliced sourdough is toasted until golden, then spread with creamy maple ricotta. On top is a layer of sweet cherry jam, plus dried cherries and crunchy, buttery cashews. Garnish these sumptuous slices with a sprinkle of lemon zest, and serve with fresh apple slices on the side. This, friends, is truly a toast with the most.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Warming Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Zest and quarter lemon. Roughly chop cashews. Halve, core, and cut apple into ¼-inch-thick slices.
• In a small bowl, combine dried cherries, 1 TBSP water, and a squeeze of lemon juice (2 TBSP water and a big squeeze of lemon juice for 4 servings); cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove plastic wrap and pour off liquid. Set aside until ready to serve.
• Toast bread.
• In a second small bowl, whisk together ricotta, cream cheese, maple syrup, ¼ tsp Warming Spice Blend (½ tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt until combined. (Be sure to measure the Warming Spice Blend; we sent more!)
• Spread ricotta mixture on toasts; top with cherry jam, drained cherries, cashews, and lemon zest.
• Divide toasts between plates and serve with apple slices on the side.