Sweet & Smoky Pork Tenderloin
with Chili Roasted Carrots, Mashed Potatoes & Cherry Sauce
If you’re craving something that’s good and hearty, this recipe has got you covered. Pork tenderloin is rubbed with cinnamon and smoked paprika, which brings a layer of warm aromatics to the meat. It’s then roasted and drizzled in a cherry jam sauce that adds sweetness to all that savory. The mashed potatoes on the side stay creamy and classic, but there are also tender roasted carrots with a sprinkle of chili flakes for a pop of heat.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
White Wine Vinegar
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Smoky Cinnamon Paprika Spice
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch pieces.
• Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces; place in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. • Keep covered off heat until ready to mash.
• Meanwhile, rub pork* with a large drizzle of olive oil. Season generously all over with salt and pepper. Reserve ¼ tsp Cinnamon Paprika Spice in a small microwave-safe bowl (you’ll use it in the next step); rub pork all over with remaining Cinnamon Paprika Spice. • Place pork on one side of a baking sheet. Toss carrots on empty side with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, divide between two baking sheets; roast carrots on top rack and pork on middle rack.) • Roast on middle rack until pork is cooked through, 18-20 minutes. • Carefully transfer pork to a cutting board to rest at least 5 minutes. Return carrots to oven and continue roasting until browned and tender, 3-5 minutes more.
• While pork roasts, to bowl with reserved Cinnamon Paprika Spice, add jam and 1 tsp vinegar (be sure to measure; we sent more); stir to combine. Microwave until warm, 30-60 seconds. Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
• Mash drained potatoes with sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth and creamy, adding reserved potato cooking liquid a splash at a time if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
• Slice pork crosswise. • Toss carrots with a pinch of chili flakes to taste. • Divide pork, mashed potatoes, and carrots between plates. Drizzle sauce over pork and serve.