Sweet & Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
with Lime, Green Beans & Jasmine Rice
We love addictively peppery take-out chicken stir-fry. Fortunately, this version is super speedy to whip up in your own kitchen. In just 20 minutes, you can have steamy jasmine rice, saucy chicken, tender green beans, and a sprinkle of spicy chili flakes if you want to amp up the heat. It’s safe to say it doesn’t get much better than this, folks.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Chicken Breast Strips
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry produce. • Trim green beans if necessary; cut crosswise on a diagonal into 1-inch pieces. (TIP: To do this quickly, line up several beans and slice all at once.) Pick cilantro leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves. Quarter lime. Thinly slice chili.
• In a small bowl, whisk together half the cornstarch and ½ cup cold water until smooth. (For 4 servings, use all the cornstarch and 1 cup water.) Whisk in sweet soy glaze and chili sauce. Set aside. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a medium pan (use a large pan for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add green beans and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and just tender, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. • Add another drizzle of oil to pan, then add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes.
• Pour sauce into pan with chicken. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in green beans, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Taste and add more lime juice, salt, and pepper if desired.
• Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. TIP: Add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to rice for a richer flavor. • Divide rice between plates or bowls and top with chicken stir-fry. Add a pinch of chili if desired. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.