We love addictively peppery take-out chicken stir-fry. Fortunately, this version is super speedy to whip up in your own kitchen. In just 20 minutes, you can have steamy jasmine rice, saucy chicken, tender green beans, and a sprinkle of spicy chili flakes if you want to amp up the heat. It’s safe to say it doesn’t get much better than this, folks.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce(ContainsSoy)
Chicken Breast Strips
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry produce. • Trim green beans if necessary; cut crosswise on a diagonal into 1-inch pieces. (TIP: To do this quickly, line up several beans and slice all at once.) Pick cilantro leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves. Quarter lime. Thinly slice chili.
• In a small bowl, whisk together half the cornstarch and ½ cup cold water until smooth. (For 4 servings, use all the cornstarch and 1 cup water.) Whisk in sweet soy glaze and chili sauce. Set aside. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a medium pan (use a large pan for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add green beans and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and just tender, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. • Add another drizzle of oil to pan, then add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes.
• Pour sauce into pan with chicken. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in green beans, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Taste and add more lime juice, salt, and pepper if desired.
• Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. TIP: Add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to rice for a richer flavor. • Divide rice between plates or bowls and top with chicken stir-fry. Add a pinch of chili if desired. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.