Salt and pepper. Peanut butter and jelly. Burgers and fries. These classic pairings have stood the test of time. If you’re anything like our chefs, though, you know that one flavor duo trumps all others: sweet and spicy. Here, that sweet heat comes in the form of a finger-licking blend of Thai chili sauce, lime zest, and a bit of butter. It’s all simmered with the sautéed shrimp, then spooned over a refreshing arugula sesame salad and topped with candied peanuts. With dinners like this, life really is sweet (and spicy), friends.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Shredded Red Cabbage
Sesame Dressing(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce(ContainsSoy)
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim and peel carrots, then grate on the largest holes of a box grater; transfer to a large bowl. Trim and halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into half-moons. Zest and quarter lime. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Heat a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add peanuts, 2 tsp sugar (4 tsp for 4 servings), and 2 TBSP water. Cook, stirring often, until water has evaporated and peanuts are coated and lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
• To bowl with grated carrots, add cucumber, cabbage, arugula, sesame dressing, and juice from two lime wedges (four wedges for 4 servings). Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
• Rinse shrimp* under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. • Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for peanuts over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, add shrimp and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Turn off heat under pan with shrimp. Stir in chili sauce and half the lime zest until evenly coated.
• Divide sesame cabbage and arugula salad between plates and top with Thai shrimp. Garnish with candied peanuts and remaining lime zest. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.