We like to think of chicken as the ultimate blank canvas that can be painted with allllll the flavors. Tonight’s palette: A saucy coating that includes glossy cherry jam and balsamic pan sauce—because why choose one of these ingredients when you can have both? Also on the mood board: a side of almond-studded couscous and roasted carrots. Paint it all together and you have yourself a dinner to Remem-brandt. (See what we did there?)
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sliced Almonds(ContainsTree Nuts)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add almonds; cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. • Add garlic, couscous, and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. • Stir in ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings) and cover. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until couscous is tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain any excess water from pot if necessary. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While couscous cooks, toss carrots on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on middle rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook, stirring, 1 minute. • Pour in vinegar, stock concentrate, jam, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings); whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, 3-4 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff couscous with a fork; season with salt and pepper. TIP: For an extra-rich experience, stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). • Thinly slice chicken crosswise. • Divide couscous, chicken, and carrots between plates. Top chicken with sauce. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.