Apple-Pecan Mug Muffins
with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting & Fruit Salad
15-minute muffins with no pots to clean? We’ll get out of your way so you can get right to it! For this fall-inspired not-too-sweet breakfast treat, you’ll add diced apple, cinnamon, pecans, and maple syrup to our batter mix, divide between mugs, and microwave for just about two minutes. Top with maple-cream cheese frosting, serve with a side of fruit salad and bada-bing! You’ve got a fast and friendly breakfast in a flash!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Wash and dry produce.
• Dice half the apple into ½-inch pieces; thinly slice remaining apple. Halve grapes.
• In a large bowl, whisk together crème fraîche and ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4 servings) until mostly smooth.
• Add in tempura batter mix, baking powder, cinnamon, diced apple, pecans, half the maple syrup, 1 TBSP sugar, and ¼ tsp salt (2 TBSP sugar and ½ tsp salt for 4 servings). Whisk until thoroughly combined, 1-2 minutes.
• Coat two microwave-safe mugs with nonstick cooking spray (four mugs for 4 servings). Evenly pour batter into mugs.
• Microwave until batter is no longer wet, 2 minutes. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until mug muffins are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Wash and dry bowl and whisk.
• While muffins cook, in bowl used for batter, combine sliced apple, grapes, cranberries, and as much jam as you like. Set aside until ready to serve.
• In a small bowl, whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, and remaining maple syrup until smooth.
• When mug muffins are done, let cool for 5 minutes.
• Dollop each mug muffin with cream cheese frosting and serve with fruit salad on the side.