Step aside, side salad—this hearty kale version is the stuff of dinner dreams. We toss the tender greens with miso black rice, roasted mushrooms and sweet potato, tangy pickled cucumbers, and a nutty sesame dressing. This healthy, hearty-yet-light-feeling dinner is one you’re going to want to make again and again.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Rice Wine Vinegar
Microwavable Black Rice
Miso Sauce Concentrate(ContainsSoy)
Sesame Dressing(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and quarter mushrooms. Halve sweet potato lengthwise; slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Toss veggies on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil; season generously with salt and pepper. • Roast on middle rack, flipping halfway through, until tender, 15-20 minutes.
• While veggies roast, trim and quarter cucumber lengthwise; slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces. • In a small bowl, combine vinegar, 1 TBSP water, ½ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt. (For 4 servings, use 1 tsp sugar and 2 TBSP water.) Stir in cucumber. Set aside to pickle.
• Gently massage rice in package to break up grains. Partially open package; season with salt and add 1 TBSP butter (for 4 servings, add 1 TBSP butter per package). Microwave for 90 seconds. Fluff with a fork. TIP: For easier fluffing, transfer rice to a bowl first. • Place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) in a second small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Stir in miso sauce concentrate and ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4).
• Once roasted veggies are done, carefully transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with miso butter and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Remove and discard any large stems from kale. • Place kale in a second large bowl and drizzle with sesame dressing. Season lightly with salt. Massage kale until leaves soften.
• Add rice, half the roasted veggies, and half the pickled cucumber (draining first) to bowl with kale; divide between shallow bowls or plates. Top with remaining roasted veggies and remaining pickled cucumber to taste. Serve.