BLT Chopped Salad
with Black Beans, Cheese & Creamy Garlic Dressing
Your favorite sandwich now comes in stacked and loaded salad form! Get ready to dig into all the ingredients you love in a quick 15 minutes. Crisp lettuce forms the base of this crowd-pleasing bowl, and of course there’s that wonderful combination of juicy tomato and crisp, smoky bacon on top. To make this lunch even more satisfying, we’ve added warm black beans with zippy scallions and our Mexican cheese blend, and tossed it all in a creamy, tangy garlic dressing. A garnish of crunchy croutons and a final sprinkle of shredded cheese may push this into “favorite new salad” territory.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mexican Cheese Blend
(Contains Milk, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Heat a medium dry pan over medium-high heat. Using kitchen shears, cut bacon* into bite-size pieces directly into pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, 3-5 minutes. (TIP: Adjust heat if browning too quickly.) Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• Drain and rinse beans. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine beans, scallion whites, half the garlic powder, a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap; microwave until beans are warmed through, 2-3 minutes.
• Meanwhile, trim and discard root end from lettuce; roughly chop. Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, remaining garlic powder, a drizzle of olive oil, and as much hot sauce as you like. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
• To bowl with bean mixture, add lettuce, tomato, bacon, and half the Mexican cheese blend. Drizzle with as much dressing as you like; toss to combine.
• Divide salad between shallow bowls and garnish with scallion greens, croutons (lightly crush in package first), and remaining Mexican cheese blend. Serve.
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°