Blush Bay Scallop Penne
with Parmesan & Lemon
If you think beautifully cooked scallops are only achievable with a dinner reservation at a fancy restaurant, think again! Here, you’ll master the art of the perfect sear, cooking the scallops in butter until they form a caramelized, golden crust. They’re tossed into a creamy blush sauce with al dente penne noodles, then topped with Parmesan and a little minced chili for customizable heat. Our compliments to the chef… oh yeah, that’s you!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Seafood Stock Concentrate
(Contains Fish, Shellfish)
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and finely chop garlic. Dice tomato. Mince chili. Zest and quarter lemon. • Pat scallops* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper.
• Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• While pasta cooks, heat 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and a drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Once pan is very hot, add scallops; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes. • Transfer to a plate. Remove pan from heat to cool for 1 minute, then return to medium heat.
• Add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), scallion whites, and garlic to pan used for scallops; cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Add tomato and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until just softened, 2-3 minutes. TIP: If you like things spicy, stir in half the chili. • Stir in tomato paste, cream cheese, stock concentrate, and ¼ cup plain water (1⁄3 cup for 4) until combined. • Add half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving) and stir until melted. Remove pan from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
• Once pasta is drained, return pan with sauce to medium heat; add drained penne, scallops (discard any excess liquid on plate), lemon zest, and a squeeze of lemon juice. • Toss, adding splashes of reserved pasta cooking water as needed, until everything is coated in a creamy sauce, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide pasta between bowls and top with scallion greens, remaining Parmesan, and chili to taste. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.