Pork chops are always a weeknight winner. They’re satisfying, speedy, and so versatile, which is why our chefs are always thinking up new ways to take them to the next level. This week, they amped up the flavors…big time. Sweet and savory is the name of the game here. Tender chops are coated in brown sugar bourbon spice (which is all kinds of savory-sweet in and of itself), then seared and topped with a buttery apple pan sauce. Crispy roasted Brussels sprouts and scallion-flecked mashed potatoes pair perfectly with the main event. Prepare yourself for a flavor explosion.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chicken Stock Concentrate
McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Place in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Keep covered off heat until ready to mash.
• While potatoes cook, trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Toss on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes. • Meanwhile, halve, core, and dice apple into ¼-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Pat pork* dry with paper towels; prick all over with a fork or knife. Season all over with McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer pork to a plate. Wipe out pan. • TIP: If the pork begins to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium.
• Heat 1 TBSP butter and a drizzle of oil in pan used for pork over medium-high heat. Add apple and scallion whites; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate, ½ cup water, and ½ tsp sugar. Cook until sauce is thickened and apple is tender, 5-7 minutes. • In the last 2 minutes, return pork to pan until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter, ¾ cup water, and 1 tsp sugar.
• Mash potatoes until mostly smooth. • Stir in scallion greens, sour cream, 1 TBSP butter, and a splash of reserved potato cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter. • TIP: If needed, add more reserved potato cooking liquid a splash at a time until potatoes are smooth and creamy.
• Divide pork, mashed potatoes, and Brussels sprouts between plates. Top pork with apple pan sauce and serve.