Brown Sugar Organic-Beef Meatloaves
with Apple, Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Broccoli
Finding yourself in a meatloaf rut? Enter: this sweet and savory version. First, we blend ground pork with a not-so-secret ingredient—grated apple—for subtle sweetness and added moisture. Next, we form the mixture into mini loaves so everyone gets their own. The pièce de résistance? We infuse the BBQ sauce glaze with a brown sugar bourbon seasoning to amp up the smoky, caramelized notes. Add sides of mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli, and your routine meat-and-potatoes dinner doesn’t stand a chance.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
Organic Ground Beef
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (middle and top positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Zest and quarter lemon. Halve and core apple; grate one half on the largest holes of a box grater (use whole apple for 4). Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Keep covered off heat until ready to mash.
• While potatoes cook, in a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, 1 tsp Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice. (You’ll use the remaining Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning in the next step.) Taste and season with pepper and more lemon juice if desired.
• In a large bowl, combine pork, grated apple, scallion whites, panko, remaining Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning, ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. Form into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4). • Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil. Place meatloaves on one side of prepared sheet; top with half the glaze (you’ll use the rest in the next step). (For 4, spread meatloaves out across entire sheet; roast on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack for 10 minutes (they’ll finish cooking in the next step).
Simply cook through this step as instructed, swapping in beef or organic beef for pork.
• Meanwhile, cut broccoli into bite-size pieces if necessary. Toss in a medium bowl with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Once meatloaves have roasted 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven; carefully add broccoli to empty side. (For 4 servings, add broccoli to a second sheet; roast on top rack.) • Roast for 12 minutes, then remove from oven once more. Carefully brush meatloaves with remaining glaze. Return to oven until meatloaves are cooked through, glaze is tacky, and broccoli is tender, 4-5 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, mash potatoes with sour cream and 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
• Slice meatloaves crosswise. • Carefully toss broccoli with lemon zest. • Divide meatloaves, mashed potatoes, and broccoli between plates. Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve.
Ground Beef is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160º.