Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
with Tangy-Sweet Slaw
Perhaps no one has ever made a better comeback than cauliflower. Once deemed mildly uninteresting, the versatile veg can now be spotted as a pizza crust, rice substitute, and even a hearty taco filling! Here you’ll coat florets in a spicy tempura batter, then fry ‘em up until crisp and golden. Paired with a tangy-sweet slaw, scallion greens, and hot sauce, these tacos serve up classic buffalo chicken flavor in a surprising veggie version. That’s the power of cauliflower!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
White Wine Vinegar
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Frank's Seasoning Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Cut cauliflower florets into 1-inch pieces.
• In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, 1½ tsp vinegar (3 tsp for 4 servings), ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper. (Save remaining vinegar for another use.)
• In a second medium microwave-safe bowl, combine scallion whites, hot sauce, 1 TBSP water (2 TBSP for 4 servings), a pinch of sugar, and a pinch of salt. • Microwave for 1 minute, then immediately stir in 3 TBSP butter (6 TBSP for 4) until melted.
• In a third medium bowl (use a large bowl for 4 servings), whisk together tempura mix, Frank’s Seasoning, ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper. TIP: If mixture is too thick, add more water 1 tsp at a time until it reaches a pancake-batter-like consistency. • Stir in cauliflower until fully coated.
• Heat a 1⁄3-inch layer of oil in a large, preferably heavy-bottomed, pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to the pan, using a slotted spoon, add coated cauliflower. TIP: Don’t overcrowd the pan! You will need to work in batches. • Cook until cauliflower is golden brown and crisp, 2-3 minutes per side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates; fill with slaw and cauliflower. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with scallion greens. Serve.