This meal is quick, easy, and downright delicious. It’s got it all—we’re talking tangy spiced chicken and tender strips of charred green pepper and onion. The joyous jumble is then piled into steamy tortillas along with plenty of Monterey Jack cheese, refreshing pico de gallo, and cooling lime crema. Set up all your toppings for a build-your-own-fajita bar, then dig in to DIY dinner deliciousness!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Breast Strips
Southwest Spice Blend
Long Green Pepper
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Dice tomato. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Zest and quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper.
• In a small bowl, combine tomato, minced onion, a squeeze of lime juice, salt, and pepper. • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream with a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper; cook until lightly browned and slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add sliced onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are browned and tender, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in half the Southwest Spice (you’ll use the rest in the next step) and a splash of water. Cook, stirring, until veggies are coated and water has mostly evaporated. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Add chicken and remaining Southwest Spice; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned, 3-5 minutes. • Stir in Tex-Mex paste, lime zest, and a squeeze of lime juice until chicken is coated and cooked through, 1-2 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat.
• Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Divide tortillas between plates and fill with chicken and veggies. Top with pico de gallo, Monterey Jack, and lime crema. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side. TIP: Serve chicken, veggies, pico de gallo, Monterey Jack, lime crema, and lime wedges in separate bowls or plates for a build-your-own fajita bar!