If you’re like us, three little words have the power to transform any ordinary day into an extraordinary day: Breakfast. For. Dinner. This week, we’re serving up one of our brinner favorites: a fully-loaded potato hash. Chunks of Yukon Gold potato, bell pepper, and onion are roasted until tender and lightly charred, then tossed with lime juice and topped with cheesy fried eggs, pico de gallo, and smoky red pepper crema. Load up a little bit of everything on your fork to create that coveted perfect bite, then dig on in!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Southwest Spice Blend
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsMilk, Soy)
Mexican Cheese Blend(ContainsMilk)
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges. Mince a wedge or two until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4); place in a medium bowl and set aside.
• Toss potatoes, bell pepper, and onion wedges on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil. (For 4 servings, divide between two baking sheets.) Season with Southwest Spice, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack (top and middle racks for 4) until potatoes are golden brown and softened and bell pepper and onion are lightly charred at the edges, 25-30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, cut tomato into a small dice. Mince jalapeño, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. Roughly chop cilantro. Halve lime. • To bowl with diced onion, add tomato, half the cilantro, and jalapeño to taste. Add juice from half the lime, ¼ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper; stir to combine.
• When veggies have about 5 minutes left, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Crack eggs* into pan and season with salt and pepper. Fry eggs to preference. • About 1 minute before eggs are cooked to preference, sprinkle each with Mexican cheese; cover pan to melt cheese. Remove pan from heat.
• Once veggies are done, top with juice from remaining lime to taste. Carefully toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide veggie hash between plates; top with fried eggs, pico de gallo, and smoky red pepper crema. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro if desired and serve.