Chicken & Blue Corn Crunch Burritos
with Black Beans, Pico de Gallo & Lime Crema
We didn’t think a burrito could get any better... That is, until our chefs added a layer of crushed blue corn tortilla chips for extra crunch in every bite. But wait—there’s more. Each burrito is also packed with zesty rice, spiced black beans and onion, melty cheese, pico de gallo, and lime crema. Left with any extra filling? You’re in luck: We’re sending extra tortilla chips for scooping it all up. Now THAT’S a wrap!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Pico de Gallo
Southwest Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Monterey Jack Cheese
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Chicken Breast Strips
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to use in Step 4.
• While rice cooks, zest and quarter lime. Mince jalapeño, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. • In a small bowl, combine sour cream with a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken or beef in a single layer, and season all over with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add jalapeño, onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook until veggies are browned and softened, 1-2 minutes. • Add beans and their liquid, stock concentrate, Southwest Spice Blend, salt (we used ½ tsp; 1 tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid has reduced, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and lime zest to taste. Season with salt and pepper. • Using your hands, break half the tortilla chips into bite-size pieces over a medium bowl (keep the rest whole for serving). • Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Lay tortillas on a clean work surface. Place 1⁄3 cup rice in a line on the bottom third of each tortilla. Top rice with ½ cup seasoned beans (you’ll have some rice and beans left over—save for serving); sprinkle with Monterey Jack. Top with a drizzle of crema, a bit of pico de gallo, and crushed tortilla chips. • Fold up bottom side of each tortilla over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward the filling. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to form burritos. TIP: For less mess, place each tortilla on a large piece of aluminum foil before rolling, then wrap up with foil. Simply unwrap as you eat!
Add chicken or beef along with Monterey Jack.
• Halve burritos. • Divide burritos, remaining rice, and remaining seasoned beans between plates in separate sections. Top rice and beans with lime crema and pico de gallo. Serve with tortilla chips, hot sauce, and any remaining lime wedges on the side.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.