Chicken Sausage & Garlic Flatbreads
with Tomato, Onion & Mozzarella
In our humble opinion, flatbreads > pizza, any day! We know that may sound blasphemous, but stick with us. First of all, the golden, crispy crust is a veritable blank canvas. It’s not beholden to simply marinara and mozz! In fact, ours is topped with a creamy garlic sauce, savory chicken sausage, roasted tomato and onion, and melty mozz. Can your ’za do that?! Yeah, we didn’t think so.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges. Cut tomato into ½-inchthick wedges. Peel garlic and place in the center of a small piece of foil; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cinch into a packet.
• Toss onion and tomato on prepared baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, half the Italian Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. Arrange tomato wedges skin sides down. Place foil packet with garlic on same sheet. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• While veggies and garlic roast, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Once veggies and garlic are done, transfer to a plate. Carefully discard foil lining and packet. Wipe off any excess oil from sheet. • Place flatbreads on same sheet and return to top rack until lightly toasted, 5-7 minutes. (For 4 servings, divide between 2 sheets and toast on top and middle racks; swap rack positions halfway through toasting.)
• While flatbreads toast, transfer roasted garlic to a cutting board; roughly chop or mash with a fork. • Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for sausage over medium-high heat. Add flour and remaining Italian Seasoning. Whisk constantly until lightly browned, 30 seconds. • Reduce heat to medium low and whisk in cream cheese, garlic, and ½ cup water (1 cup for 4) until combined. Simmer until just thickened, 1-2 minutes. (TIP: If sauce is too thick, add more water a splash at a time.) Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat broiler to high. Evenly spread flatbreads with sauce, then top with sausage, tomato, and as much onion as you like. Sprinkle with mozzarella. • Broil flatbreads until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes. (For 4 servings, broil in batches.) TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning. • Cut flatbreads into pieces, divide between plates, and serve.