Chicken Sausage Rigatoni Napoletano
with Peas, Chili Flakes & Creamy Garlic Sauce
A bowl of pasta never fails to satisfy—it’s quick, carby, comforting, and our total go-to for a cozy meal. When you add sweet Italian chicken sausage, green peas, tomato, and Parmesan to the equation, you’ve reached another level of deliciousness entirely. Ready to enjoy bite after bite of al dente rigatoni cloaked in a creamy, dreamy lemon garlic sauce? We thought so.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Cream Sauce Base
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut tomato into ½-inch-thick wedges. Peel and finely chop garlic. Zest and quarter lemon
• Once water is boiling, add rigatoni to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • In the last 2 minutes of cooking, reserve ¾ cup pasta cooking water, then add peas to same pot and cook until tender. Drain.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 3-5 minutes (it’ll cook through later). Season with salt and a pinch of chili flakes.
• Add tomato and garlic to pan with sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomato is slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. • Cut top off carton of cream sauce base to open fully; pour contents into pan. Using a spoon or spatula, scrape any remaining sauce from carton into pan.
• Pour in ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce is slightly thickened and sausage is cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. • Stir in half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving) and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. • Add lemon juice and lemon zest to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add drained rigatoni and peas to pan with sauce; toss to coat. If needed, stir in reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until everything is coated in a creamy sauce. (For 4 servings, you may need to transfer everything into large pot.) • Divide pasta between bowls and top with remaining Parmesan and a pinch of chili flakes if desired. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.