Mamma mia! Here’s some perfect pasta prepared at pronto speed. It starts with chopped tomato and pieces of chicken sausage that cook up quickly in a pan. Once you’ve got your water boiling, in go the ravioli, which become perfectly al dente in a flash since they’re fresh. After that, all you gotta do is stir in the creamy sauce and put it on a plate. Then you mangiare! Mangiare!! Just like mamma would’ve said.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Spinach Ricotta Ravioli(ContainsMilk, Eggs, Wheat)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, sausage*, and Italian Seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until sausage is browned and cooked through and scallions are softened, 4-6 minutes.
• While sausage cooks, dice tomato. Quarter lemon.
• Once sausage is cooked through, stir in tomato and cook over medium-high heat until just softened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
• Once water is boiling, gently add ravioli to pot. Reduce to a low simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente and floating to the top, 4-5 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water (1 cup for 4 servings), then drain. TIP: Gently shake strainer with ravioli in it to remove as much moisture as possible.
• While pasta cooks, stir stock concentrate, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a small splash of reserved pasta cooking water into pan with sausage mixture. Cook over low heat, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
• Carefully stir ravioli into pan with sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. • Divide between bowls and garnish with scallion greens. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.