Chicken Sausage & Spinach Ricotta Ravioli
with Tomato & Lemon
Mamma mia! Here’s some perfect pasta prepared at pronto speed. It starts with chopped tomato and pieces of chicken sausage that cook up quickly in a pan. Once you’ve got your water boiling, in go the ravioli, which become perfectly al dente in a flash since they’re fresh. After that, all you gotta do is stir in the creamy sauce and put it on a plate. Then you mangiare! Mangiare!! Just like mamma would’ve said.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Spinach Ricotta Ravioli
(Contains Milk, Eggs, Wheat)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Dice tomato. Quarter lemon.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, sausage*, and Italian Seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until sausage is browned and scallions are softened, 3-5 minutes (sausage will finish cooking in step 4). • Stir in tomato and cook until just softened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
• Once water is boiling, gently add ravioli to pot. Reduce to a low simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente and floating to the top, 4-5 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water (1 cup for 4 servings), then drain. TIP: Gently shake strainer with ravioli in it to remove as much moisture as possible.
• Stir stock concentrate, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a small splash of reserved pasta cooking water into pan with sausage mixture. Cook over low heat, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until sausage is cooked through, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
• Carefully stir drained ravioli into pan with sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Garnish with scallion greens. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.