Citrus Pork Tacos
with Pickled Onion & Southwest Crema
The week just isn’t complete without taco night. If you agree (and how could you not?), you’re in luck! Our chefs put together a Tex Mex–style taco that’s sure to satisfy. There’s citrusy pork, bell pepper, and pickled onion, all piled into steamy-soft tortillas. Drizzle it all with a Southwest-spiced crema and you’re ready for a truly spec-TACO-lar meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Long Green Pepper
Southwest Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips. Halve orange. Roughly chop cilantro.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine ¼ of the onion, juice from half the lime, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside. • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream with ¼ tsp Southwest Spice (½ tsp for 4). (You’ll use the remaining Southwest Spice later.) Season with salt and pepper. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and remaining onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a medium bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Add pork* and remaining Southwest Spice. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 3-4 minutes. TIP: If there’s excess grease in your pan, carefully pour it out. • Stir in Tex-Mex paste, juice from orange, and a squeeze of lime juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until pork is cooked through and sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes more. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• While pork cooks, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Divide tortillas between plates and fill with pork filling and veggies. Drizzle with crema and top with pickled onion (draining first) and cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.