Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Cavatappi
with Parmesan & Scallions
If you’re mad for mushrooms, a fan of fungi, or crazy for creminis, this pasta will treat you right: It’s loaded with ’shroom slices. They’re the flavor backbone of this recipe, bringing all those deep, earthy flavors that you know and love. We’ve added pan-roasted chicken strips seasoned with Italian herbs, springy cavatappi spirals, a creamy sauce, and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and scallions. Get ready for the oohs and ahhs from your lucky fellow diners.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Breast Strips
Cream Sauce Base
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice mushrooms. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Once water is boiling, add cavatappi to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil and 1 TBSP butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 2-3 minutes. • Push to one side of pan; add another drizzle of olive oil to empty side.
• While mushrooms cook, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Once mushrooms are browned and softened, add chicken to empty side of pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in scallion whites and garlic; cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Add cream sauce base (TIP: Cut top off carton to open fully; transfer contents using a spoon or spatula to scrape sauce from carton sides) and stock concentrate to pan; stir to combine. • Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add drained cavatappi, half the Parmesan, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to pan; toss to coat. If needed, stir in reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Divide between bowls; top with scallion greens and remaining Parmesan. Serve.