Creamy Mushroom Ravioli Gratin Bake
2x the delicious servings!
Gratin is a fancy French way of saying this family style baked ravioli dish is topped with cheesy breadcrumbs and heated under the broiler until browned and crispy. So it essentially translates to “delicious,” right? But just in case you’re not already sold, there’s sauteed mushrooms, thyme, creamy, cheesy sauce, and it feeds a crowd (or keeps you in meals for days)–big batch, baby! This recipe is double the typical servings, providing 4 servings and 8 servings for a 2 person and 4 person box respectively.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Italian Cheese Blend
Cream Sauce Base
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and heat broiler to high or preheat oven to 500 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion.
• Once water is boiling, add ravioli to pot (for 8 servings, cook in batches if necessary). Reduce heat to low. Cook until ravioli are tender and floating to the top, 3-4 minutes. • Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water (2 cups for 8), then drain.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Stir in cream sauce base, Italian cheese blend, stock concentrates, and 1⁄3 cup reserved pasta cooking water (2⁄3 cup for 8 servings). (TIP: If sauce seems too thick, stir in more splashes of pasta cooking water as necessary.) Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine Parmesan, panko, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Transfer drained ravioli and sauce to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (9-by-13- inch baking dish for 8 servings). Gently stir until ravioli are coated and sauce is evenly distributed. • Evenly sprinkle panko mixture over ravioli.
• Broil or bake on top rack until crust is golden brown and crisp, 1-2 minutes. TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning. • Divide ravioli bake between plates or serve family style directly from baking dish.