Creamy Parmesan Chicken Spaghetti
with Roasted Tomato & Basil
Our chefs just took pasta night to the next level: Thanks to spaghetti, tomatoes, and chicken with Tuscan herbs, this recipe has all the Italian flair you could want and then some. The dish is accompanied by a sauce that has all the creamy goodness you want—it’s got cream cheese, Parmesan, and butter for a trifecta of dairy deliciousness. So get ready—these tasty noodles are waiting to get twirled ‘round your fork.
Put the world on your plate with this curated collection of internationally-inspired meals to satisfy your wanderlust.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Chicken Breast Strips
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Zest and quarter lemon. Cut tomato into ½-inch-thick wedges. Peel and finely chop garlic.
• Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange tomato wedges on prepared sheet, skin sides down. Drizzle with olive oil and season with 1 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until tomato wedges are softened and beginning to release their juices, 20-25 minutes.
• Once tomato wedges have roasted 10 minutes, add spaghetti to pot of boiling water. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water (1 cup for 4 servings), then drain. • Set spaghetti aside in strainer; keep empty pot handy for step 5.
• While pasta cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with remaining Tuscan Heat Spice, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Turn off heat.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in pot used for spaghetti over medium-low heat; add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Whisk in lemon zest, cream cheese, and 1⁄3 cup reserved pasta cooking water (¾ cup for 4) until smooth. • Stir in spaghetti, half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving), and juice from half the lemon (whole lemon for 4). (TIP: If needed, add more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce.) Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
• Pick basil leaves from stems; roughly chop or tear leaves. • Divide pasta between bowls and top with tomato wedges. Garnish with basil leaves and remaining Parmesan and serve.